Design System Day 2022
Inclusivity by design
Our theme for Design System Day 2022 was inclusivity by design.
Building conscious design systems
To open our event we welcomed Amy Hupe, a UK-based design systems and content design consultant. Amy spoke to us about building conscious design systems.
For the past 6 years, Amy has worked on design systems for some of the biggest names around, including GOV.UK, BT, Springer Nature and Babylon Health.
Whether she’s leading systems work or designing content, Amy works to champion simplicity and inclusion in the face of complexity.
Accessibility in design systems
To help us explore the intersection between accessibility and design systems, we assembled a panel of professionals who have a connection to both accessibility work and design systems. Our panellists come from a varied set of UK civil service, broader public sector and private sector organisations.
Our accessibility panellists:
- David Cox, Senior accessibility specialist, Government Digital Service (moderator)
- Anna E. Cook, Senior designer for accessibility on Azure, Microsoft
- Michael Cheung, Frontend developer working on accessibility for the design system, NHS Digital
- Philip Strain, Product lead for accessibility & design systems, Miro
- Shabana Ali, Accessibility frontend developer, HMRC
- Sophie Beaumont, Accessibility lead, BBC WebCore
If you’ve got a question about the GOV.UK Design System, contact the team.