This roadmap shows what we’re working on and planning to do.
Some things on the roadmap might change — the purpose is to tell you what’s coming up and help service teams prepare and plan their own work.
See our Github team board for more details on our plans and day-to-day activities.
Last updated 31 January 2023.
- published an accessibility strategy for the GOV.UK Design System
- released the Summary card variant
- made it easier to find information about contributing and the community
- improved how contributions are prioritised
- added functionality for browsers to ‘find in page’ within the Accordion component`
Working on now
We’re working to:
- host community co-design work to turn task-list into a component
- host community co-design work to make maps better
- release the Hide this page component
- iterate on alt text guidance for the images style page
- make it easier for teams to share their findings from user research
Coming up next
We’re getting ready to:
- implement our proposal for reducing browser support
- investigate where technical documentation belongs on the website
- start working on the next component or pattern
We plan to:
- investigate Sass module system
- make sure the Design System meets WCAG 2.2
- investigate removing compatibility mode
If you’ve got a question about the GOV.UK Design System, contact the team.