Design System working group
The Design System working group is a multidisciplinary panel of representatives from across government. It makes sure that all components and patterns published in the Design System are of a high quality and meet user needs.
The working group:
- reviews proposals and contributions against the contribution criteria
- makes recommendations to help contributors improve their work
- advocates for the needs of colleagues across government
The working group reviews:
- new patterns and components
- component changes that users will easily recognise
- changes that will affect when users should use components
- content that will affect how users make services and meet the Service Standard
The working group does not review minor design or content changes, such as updated guidance on using a component.
Why the working group exists
By including representatives from a mixture of disciplines and departments, the working group helps to ensure that the Design System represents its users.
It means that decisions made are fair and unbiased, and that the Design System reflects the experiences of the whole of government not just one department.
Join the working group
We’re always looking for new members to help make the working group more diverse and representative of the wider public sector.
We usually form a new working group twice a year, made up of new and existing members.
In the meantime, if you are interested in joining the working group email the Design System team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’ve got a question about the GOV.UK Design System, contact the team.